Home

Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Papillion Duck Egg Blue Dresser

My friend gave me this old dresser that she was getting rid of and I couldn't wait to get stared using a graphic from The Graphics Fairy!! The Papillion image was so gorgeous and I knew this piece was the perfect canvas for it.




 I took all the hardware off and spray painted them with Rustoleum's Oil Rubbed Bronze, my go to color for hardware these days.








This is the image projected on to  the piece. I went to Staples and made a transparency of the image.
This works perfectly for me. I love how I can make the image bigger or smaller depending on the piece of furniture I have.   I outline the image in chalk or pencil and then using a fine brush I fill in the image. In this case, I used white paint.





Luckily, after hearing about my search for an overhead projector on Facebook, my seventh grade social studies teacher came through for me and found one







I primed the piece first , and then I mixed up my own chalk paint recipe in a Robin's Egg Blue Color.
After painting the image on the piece, I lightly distressed it with a sanding sponge to give it an aged, antique feel. 







I distressed the edges which brought out some of the white primer and the  green paint that was previously painted on there.  I loved the effect.











To protect and finish it, I applied Johnson's Paste Wax to give it a nice sheen and smoothness to the dresser.



I love how it came out! This was really the perfect image for this piece! Thank you again Graphics Fairy!!








No comments:

Post a Comment