Home

Monday, November 17, 2014

Distressed Tall Dresser

http://diyfurnituremakeovers.com


My friend had seen a dresser in a catalog Soft Surroundings and she wanted me to try and obtain the same finish on a dresser of hers that she had had for many years.
There was a lot of old chipped decorative molding and detail that I unfortunately had to take off, I kept the parts that were still in good shape



This was the before. Needed some repairs to the veneer and some of  the trim needed to come off as well. The friend wanted a highly distressed layered paint finish with blues, grays and a lot of texture.




The after! I used many coats of handmade chalk paint in Louis blue, Paris gray and old white dry brushed here and there. Paint stripper was also applied and I let it dry. It gave much needed texture to the wood. I also paint spattered and glazed it at the end.







The top was sanded and stained with Minwax stain and then I used a wax to seal it








I painted the hardware a gold and used a patina solution to age it a bit.






No comments:

Post a Comment