Home

Sunday, March 30, 2014

Faux Grain Sack Nightstands


These maple nightstands were desperately in need of some vintage modern touches!
I decided to paint them in a color similar to Annie Sloan's Paris Gray, using my own method of making chalk paint. 




I always use paint that is in a matte or a flat finish so there is no sheen. I use plaster of paris and a little water and I mix it in to the paint very thoroughly.  



After painting them, I taped out a stripe pattern on the nightstands. I used a latex paint in a color similar to Annie Sloan's French Linen.  




I used some baskets from Ikea to add to the openings.  








I lightly distressed the edges to give it a farmhouse, timeworn feel. 






I finally waxed the entire piece with Johnson's paste wax to give it protection.  I polyurethaned the top with Minwax's Polycrylic in a satin finish so it would be more durable.









No comments:

Post a Comment